Monday, August 17, 2015

Freelancing in Bangladesh



Freelancing  can be the next big thing in Bangladesh. When I joined a few freelancing sites back in march 2014, I had hardly any knowledge about this.  Like many of you I thought it is a fun way to get rich. Now after one and half year I know I was partially correct, yes we can easily be rich via freelancing but it is, in no way "easy". In fact, if you are interested as a freelancer, one thing you must keep in your mind is that, you have to work 10-12 hours a day for at least 2 to 3 months to build a base in any of those freelance job sites available online.

I can answer this available as one sentence, "This is my type of work". Ok, I have some big dreams and big dreams need a ton of money to fulfill, jobs won't allow me to earn that much. Other options? - be dishonest or buy a business. But seriously, for people like me coming from a middle class family, business seriously isn't an option and I wanted to stay honest. I don't want to be involved in 'under the table' kind of thing and I am not that type that can satisfy the boss continually. I believe if you have a similar type of attitude like me, freelancing is a sensible way to succeed.


Now  to the negative side. Most of my friends  still miss what I do and in a country where most people don't have an idea what exactly internet is, trying to explain what I do is very much frustrating.  So, I lost the fight and now I tell them I have a job in a foreign company, which seriously isn't all lie, is it?

So face it, if you are going to try freelancing, your friends  will not likely support you. And you cannot blame them for that, job is, of course, the safest style of career. No need to worry about the money. You get a government job and a restricted amount each month is fixed. And I can tell you it is really hard in order to do something  without  the support of the family.

Freelancing is more like a business, it's not possible to expect the same amount every month. Although if you continue and have good skills most likely you will receive long term projects and like me would move to other online money making options, which I will tell you in later posts.


Freelancing is a business that can be started with only a computer and an connection to the web. All you need to invest is time. So, if you are interested in business but don't have enough money to begin with, this can be the first thing you can do. And when you could have established yourself in it and have a steady flow of income, you can invest of which money to other businesses.

In a country where job market is getting an increasing number of competitive day by day, freelancing is the best legitimate career I always can see. Who knows, maybe in future you will develop a freelancing farm or proceed to website business which will create jobs for others.

Sounds fun, right. Just work real hard with the first six months, develop your skills and get some positive feedbacks, and you are wanting to enjoy a career in freelancing. Don't know what 'feedback' means, don't worry I will explain it in an another post.

You must jot down English with perfect grammar and sense. That means writing with no grammatical errors and in a manner that people can understand what you are saying. My grammar skill is not that beneficial, but it works. So you need similar ability or better to become a freelance article author. More simplified version can be this, you should have full confidence to express anything you intend to express, in English, without any grammatical mistakes.

If you are not that sure, you can always take some English courses for boosting your English writing abilities. Now, there are some other types of jobs available for article marketing. For jobs related to website development, 3D design, data entry or Photoshop, you don't need that much writing skills but still you should communicate with the buyer (the person that gives you the job) in English, so some English writing skill is required.

So, how do you write about things that you have never heard of? I indicate, most of the time you will get a topic to write about, of which you have no concept. Don't worry, I will explain that later and you will see if you have confidence with your writing ability, this freelance writing career will become real enjoying for you.

My selfish reasons to assist you to become a successful freelance writer

Most people fear things that they don't know of. My business is having an identity crisis, when I say I am a freelancer, people look at me that has a wired look. Hopefully, if a lot of you choose this career, it will get more attention and people will begin to think of it as a good career choice even if they don't understand what world-wide-web is?


Every day, hundreds of young guys and girls from India, Pakistan and Philippines are joining freelancing sites to build a career with freelancing, not just writing or website development jobs, there are plenty of other jobs readily available too, that anyone can do with a good knowledge about the internet. Internet is this land of opportunities. You can be the pioneer to lead Bangladesh out of economic complications through freelancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment